Friday, September 11, 2009

surprises

Yesterday I couldn't find my phone. I called it using our landline. It was in the second drawer of Epp's side of the desk, ie. a small, blonde person probably put it there. Today, it was the same story. I called using the landline, and found it at the bottom of a bag beside the desk. Looks like the same small person hid it on me.

She also hid two apples in my bag, or someone did. My bag still doesn't smell too good, unless smelling like fermented apples is acceptable. You can take the boy out of Tartu, but you can't take the Tartu out of the boy. Or something.

Marta went to Veski today. She was so excited. She even got up early in the morning and begged us to take her there. "But it's not even open yet," we told her. She didn't care. The kasvataja (literally 'grower') asked her "Should I call you Marta or Marta Maria?" and held out her hand. "You can just call me Marta," Marta grinned.

I am here in Tallinn at a conference, but I can still slightly smell those apples. Your family is always with you, I guess.

5 comments:

Martasmimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martasmimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martasmimi said...

Sorry for my deleted post the 1st was a grammar error the 2nd was a bit sad ..
I wanted to know what this meant and why you post on an English speaking blog in Estonian and in a way that leaves me unable to understand what you are saying.

Example: Marta went to Veski today. She was so excited. She even got up early in the morning and begged us to take her there. "But it's not even open yet," we told her. She didn't care. The kasvataja (literally 'grower') asked her "Should I call you Marta or Marta Maria?" and held out her hand. "You can just call me Marta," Marta grinned.

Giustino said...

Veski is the name of the school. The thing is that I don't know how to translate a lot of words exactly. A kasvataja is not really a teacher. I have no idea what to call them. What did you call the people that watched us in preschool?

Martasmimi said...

Pre School Teachers...but you weren't in Pre School when you were Marta's age you were in Kindergarten.

They worked off some of the ... Montesori elements of teaching and it is the reason that you have those primer books with sand letters...