Friday, September 25, 2009

sick/well

Being sick is painful, but it can also be a humbling experience. All other problems of the world are replaced by very physical problems -- tonsillitis, fevers, aches, pains. You feel as if God himself was beating the crap out of you, just to show you who's the boss. Ok, God, you win.

People are nice to you when you are sick. Epp made me teas and helped take my temperature. I fell in love with her again. Isn't it nice to have a spouse? Isn't it nice to have someone there to bring you more Theraflu? My parents were also concerned. Like they say on the soap operas, 'after all this time, after all we've been through,' they still care.

When you start to feel better, you are peaceful. You haven't watched the news in days. You aren't up to date on your e-mail. No one really expects anything from you. You worry -- Am I going to lose this tranquil feeling? Will all it take is feeling well again and some coffee to make life so crazy again?

I've decided, I'm going to take it easy from now on, sick or well. I may be six-foot-something, but I am still a fragile organism. I need to take it easy. I think the people around me will appreciate being around me more if I just take it easy too.

1 comment:

Martasmimi said...

*My parents were also concerned. Like they say on the soap operas, 'after all this time, after all we've been through,' they still care.

Ah, Justin...
I over the past 6 or 7 years there have been times when it has crossed my mind that you think that because you have blessed our lives with 2 beautiful little girls that I/we love you less then
we did the day you were born. Not true. There have been time that have been challenging but you are our son and we love you so very much..
Please, it's going to be a long cold winter ...take care of yourself..