Wednesday, October 7, 2009

christ in the clouds

"Look up there," Marta said and turned her head towards the mostly blue sky. "Kristus is moving the clouds."

Kristus is how they refer to Jesus in these parts. And I remember that Marta is spending some time in the company of religious people. Her teacher has some theological training. I think she belongs to a liberal church, the equivalent of Unitarians in the US. Marta's school is also near a church, and she sees the nuns on a daily basis. She yells out to them, and they smile and wave.

I'm not really religious myself. When I was younger I might have had a more negative view of conventional religion. Now, I think it's nice. Quaint. And when Marta says hi to the nuns or tells me that she thinks Kristus is moving the clouds, I feel happy.

3 comments:

Martasmimi said...

This was very sweet..I am happy that she has some religion.
Will you let her make her 1st communion when she is 7 years old in the RC Church...or go the way of the Episcopal Church and wait for 13 years old...or... ?

Eppppp said...

We have not really discussed it. I personally did not think any communion is needed but I am open, I just had not thought about it.

Martasmimi said...

As you know I am happy with what ever you do .. I think Justin will remember that because I wasn't very traditional about religion he felt that I didn't give him a church when other children had a church that they went to..
I gave him one but then he became disinterested.. figures... : )