The other night Marta and I cuddled up to watch the Sound of Music again. I like this movie because one of the characters is named Marta -- she's the second youngest Von Trapp.Our Marta really would like to go to Austria to the mountains where Maria goes when she needs to sing about things. She asked me:
Where is that?
It's Austria.
Where is ... Austria?
It's in between Italy and Germany.
What language do they speak there?
German.
But then how come everybody in the movie speaks English?
So that you can understand them, sweety.
What is that tongue on your shirt?Marta's eyes grew wide and she looked excited by this piece of information. She might not know what rock'n'roll is, but she likes it.
It's the symbol for the Rolling Stones.
Who are the Rolling Stones?
[I thought for a second, then switched into a British accent]
The Rolling Stones, love, are the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment