What's your name?
Sleeping Beauty.
Oh, I like that! What's your name?
Cinderella.
Oh, how beautiful!
But, alas, Marta does not like to share her Barbies with little sister Anna. Last night, I went in to the bathroom because Anna was crying. I could see that Marta was keeping all the Barbies in one side of the tub, and had reserved a few smaller toys for Anna's use. I said:
Marta, can't you share one Barbie with Anna? I mean, you have five of them.But if Marta likes to spend time in the tub with her Barbies, Anna likes to get up before Marta, who always is the last to wake up in our house. And the first thing Anna goes for is Marta's Barbie stash, so she can play with all seven Barbies all by herself!
I don't have five Barbies! I have one, two, three, four, five, six, seven Barbies!
Well, can't you share one of your seven Barbies with your little sister? Just one?
No.
1 comment:
Ah..
Way back in a post on
Martannasmimi I wrote about Anna and I said the following.
"To survive being Marta’s little sister was going to take some quiet determination. Anna possesses quiet determination. She, unlike her sister is thoughtful, by that I mean she is a thinker…she is patient to Marta’s impatient. I bet she will be willing to sit back with a plan… as to Marta’s jumping in with unbridled enthusiasm."
...and what is that saying..
The early bird gets the worm.
I guess then ...
The early sister gets the Barbies.
Little Anna you will have your own Barbies soon...
I am most certain of it.
Love your,
Mimi
*great story ...Justin
Post a Comment