The line at the post office was long, but they waited patiently until arrived home with a package from Mimi (Marta's grandmother) filled with new costumes. You can see what happened next:
I am happy to see that the "box" arrived and the clothes were all in one piece. Perhaps a little Princess theater in the back yard might be fun. You might hang some sheets from the apple trees and you have the stage curtains You even have spring bugs, a bee and a lady bug. I wish I was there so I could help. It was so great to see all the happy little faces. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy, Love & Hugs Marta's Mimi
Riinu's grandmother asks: "Do you like your kindergarten/preschool?" Riinu: "Yes, I like it that there are so many princess dresses!" Grandma: "I'm sure you also have good friends there." Riinu: "Yes, but the best part is that there are so many princess dresses there!" And so on... Thank you, Marta's Mimi! But next year we are gonna have to set a Dress-Up Day (like one day a week), so that there can be other activities as well:)
Yes, we agreed today - Friday is gonna be the dress up day. Its hard to change the rules right now, we would have the girls` rebellion against it. They are so happy and crazy about these dresses ;).
Helen said... But next year we are gonna have to set a Dress-Up Day (like one day a week), so that there can be other activities as well:)
May 16, 2008 6:28 AM Eppppp said... Yes, we agreed today - Friday is gonna be the dress up day. Its hard to change the rules right now, we would have the girls` rebellion against it. They are so happy and crazy about these dresses ;).
*********************************** Perhaps instead of trying to restrict the use or time with all things "Princess" you might want to make peace with this phenomena. Use it as a teaching tool embrace it. For example the child who finishes their letters 1st and has the most correct gets to take home a favorite dress overnight. Or as I said before. Let them write a play and make up characters and use these dresses. Even if you use the dresses to learn counting.. I think all the Mimi's out there would agree that this obsession they have will go by so very quickly as will their littleness.
I rather doubt that any of these princess crazy girls will be taking their princess wardrobes off to college. So just please just relax and enjoy these moments they will be over in seconds,
If you would have asked me in my teens and 20's if I would have written this I would have said that it would not be possible. It was the birth of the feminist movement and pink was not a color to be embraced... We get older, and wiser...
4 comments:
I am happy to see that the "box" arrived and the clothes were all in one piece.
Perhaps a little Princess theater in the back yard might be fun.
You might hang some sheets from the apple trees and you have the stage curtains
You even have spring bugs, a bee and a lady bug.
I wish I was there so I could help.
It was so great to see all the
happy little faces.
Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy,
Love & Hugs
Marta's Mimi
Riinu's grandmother asks: "Do you like your kindergarten/preschool?"
Riinu: "Yes, I like it that there are so many princess dresses!"
Grandma: "I'm sure you also have good friends there."
Riinu: "Yes, but the best part is that there are so many princess dresses there!"
And so on...
Thank you, Marta's Mimi!
But next year we are gonna have to set a Dress-Up Day (like one day a week), so that there can be other activities as well:)
Yes, we agreed today - Friday is gonna be the dress up day. Its hard to change the rules right now, we would have the girls` rebellion against it.
They are so happy and crazy about these dresses ;).
Helen said...
But next year we are gonna have to set a Dress-Up Day (like one day a week), so that there can be other activities as well:)
May 16, 2008 6:28 AM
Eppppp said...
Yes, we agreed today - Friday is gonna be the dress up day. Its hard to change the rules right now, we would have the girls` rebellion against it.
They are so happy and crazy about these dresses ;).
***********************************
Perhaps instead of trying to restrict the use or time with
all things "Princess" you might want to make peace with this
phenomena.
Use it as a teaching tool embrace it.
For example the child who finishes their letters 1st and has the most correct gets to take home a favorite dress overnight.
Or as I said before.
Let them write a play
and make up characters and use these dresses.
Even if you use the dresses to learn counting..
I think all the Mimi's out there would agree that this obsession they have will go by so very quickly as will their littleness.
I rather doubt that any of these princess crazy girls will be taking their princess wardrobes off to college.
So just please just relax and enjoy these moments they will be over in seconds,
If you would have asked me in my teens and 20's if I would have written this I would have said that it would not be possible.
It was the birth of the feminist
movement and pink was not a color to be embraced...
We get older, and wiser...
Post a Comment