Epp's genotype is for 100 percent blue eyes. Both of her parents are blue-eyed, all of her siblings are blue-eyed, she comes to the table with blue-eyed concentrate.
My genotype is a bit different. I have 50 percent green-eyed genes (from Dad) and 50 percent blue-eyed genes (from Mom). When you put it together though, there is always a 50 percent chance that our offspring will have green eyes. Yet, two children in, we have blue-eyed babies. That's because these kinds of mathematical results sometimes occur only in larger sets of samples. So if we had 100 children, its likely that around 50 of them would have green eyes.
One thing this puts to rest is that my eye color is unquestionably green. If I had brown eyes, then it would be extremely unlikely that my both children would have blue eyes. So my license is correct! These eyes really are green! Now I know. I never have to wonder about my eye-color status again.
4 comments:
I remember it meant a lot to me when I noticed that you have green eye color, not brown.
I guess my blue-eyed genes liked it more. They had a chance, too!
Well, Estonian blue-eye is really strong. As my hubby(non-Estonian) has brown eyes and I have blue-green-grey eyes, but so far looks like both our kids have dark blue eyes :) Well, the younger one is still too young to be certain, but so far they are blue. :)
is it possible, i thought that brown would kill blue...
not sure how it works, but i know it has a lot to do with how the whole family background is as well. Kids don't necessary get their parents' genes and looks, but it could go few generations back, at least you need to consider also with that. So his mom has dark blue-grey eyes as well, but dad i think brown, i think... i have only seen him few times, plus have very bad memory :P But in my family I believe everybody has blue or grey eyes, not brown anyway. So I think all that counts as well. :)
Post a Comment