Thursday, November 12, 2009

lonely boy

I went to pick Marta up at kindergarten today and Olga, one of Marta's two teachers, told me that there is a new kid in the Catholic School kindergarten who speaks English as a native language and doesn't know any Estonian. Supposedly it's his second day and he's not taking his new language environment well.

Olga told me that they've elected Marta to be his friend, as she is bilingual, and the Catholic school kindergarten and her kindergarten play together on the playground. I asked Marta about it on the way home, but she said she was too shy (!) to play with him, which is very funny if you know Marta. I told her that I understand she is shy, but that she is very funny and likable and he is lonely and he needs her help. I will ask her again tomorrow if she played with the lonely English-speaking boy.

1 comment:

Pene said...

So did Marta become a little friendlier towards the boy?