Wednesday, June 10, 2009

clara's birthday

Marta's friend Clara turned five years old on June 6 -- our wedding anniversary. Clara is like Marta in that she also has an American dad. It took them awhile to figure out that they both spoke English, and they switched languages about half an hour into the party. Here are some photos of the fairies/princesses:


Princesses eating. Kairit -- Clara's mom -- made a really good strawberry cake. And there were heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, several of which I ate. That guy in the background is Stew, Clara's dad.



The party was also interesting because Anna got to play with Ellis, who is a few months younger than her. It was interesting to see another child Anna's age. Younger children like to play alone some of the time. Anna really loved Clara's kitchen set:

But, of course, there was also some mayhem when all the kids got together. Here is a video of what it was like to be in a room with Marta, Anna, and Clara:


3 comments:

Martasmimi said...

Oh so cute and so visual what wonderful colors are in these photos of the girls and the table.
Little Anna is growing up...I miss her ..and I wonder if she remembers the very similar wooden kitchen in the childrens playroom at her Mimi's house...
I bet ours needs more play food..
Anna likes food.. : )

Anonymous said...

hee... this is what they are like. Even if there's only one kid rolling on the bed, I normally think that he must have at least 8 legs and I've given birth to a spider of sorts. The thought of three outright terrifies me. How are they coming out of it without major wounds and bruising?

Giustino said...

I learned how to spot people in gym class. So it's like spotting three people at once.