Monday, November 10, 2008
endless night
Jet lag ... sucks. I have managed to reconcile myself already with eesti time. But for children without appointments or obligations, sleep comes whenever it wants to. Marta and Anna take naps during the day and then take extended naps that last from about 7 or 8 pm until 2 in the morning. Then they are up and ready to go again. For the first two days it was Epp who was deprived of sleep. She was very cranky and at times unpleasant to be around because of this. Last night it was my turn. I worked until 1:30 am and was barely asleep when Anna woke up. I took her downstairs to play, but then Marta came down. Then Anna had a caca explosion and Marta was demanding attention and it was just ... messy. I dream of a moment where I sleep as long as I want to, but the problem is that I never do this on work trips because conferences start so goddamn early! If only I could satiate my need for sleep AND wake up before them. That would be a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment