Sometimes we discuss the nature of our second daughter, Anna, usually using the first, Marta, as some kind of measurement.The thing is that we know Anna is different, but we are not exactly sure how she is different. She has always had a personality. Even when she was born and she looked at me as if to say, "no big deal, I feel fine" about her birth, she had a personality. But I have a really hard time describing that personality.
These kinds of things are relevant. Marta is a very independent, outgoing, social, excitable child. She's a climber. When she was nine months old, I had to fight her to keep her from trying to climb up the ladder to a bunk bed. She honestly thought she could do it.
Marta also has a highly developed relationship with my Mom (Mimi) and all of her relatives. Mom has been writing me e-mails, saying that she desires to "bond" with Anna in a manner similar to Marta. But I am not sure to the extent Anna is available for bonding. Anna is available for feeding, and for some adventures, but simple hugging will have to pass for bonding for the moment, I think.
Maybe I express these doubts because I am just beginning to bond with our daughter myself. She seems to like the simple things in life. I have a hard time trying to imagine her organizing a group of kids the way Marta can orchestrate a whole gang of children. She doesn't even seem to want my attention. What she wants is a warm bath and some of that good stuff that you are eating. In essence, she seems content.
Sometimes when she sleeps, I am amazed by how cute she is. She has big ruddy cheeks and strawberry blond hair. One friend commenting on a photo inferred that this little blond cherub might have a different father compared to her olive-toned issi. But Anna's long toes look a bit too familiar. And when I look at her sturdy build, it reminds me of old photos from when I was a little baby.
Sturdy she may be, but she loves to be held. So long as the environment around her is interesting, she can nestle on your shoulder and watch the world go by. She also loves the swings at the playground. She is so happy just to do these basic things, like swing and taste new and interesting foods. Anna is nice child. I am glad she decided to come to us.
2 comments:
Anna will be an adult blessed with happiness :) Marta will probably make a good leader, but her happiness may not come that easy. but surely it will be worth some effort :)
I guess I can try to have a highly developed relationship with Anna.
She reminds me of you when you were a baby..
We were bonded and I hope we still are. Iknow there is hope for Anna and I.
I am the mother of two so I don'texpect to have the same relationship with Anna as I do with Marta..but I do expect to have a loving
Mimi/Anna relationship and I welcome the differences between
the two.
It makes my life as a Mimi so much more rewarding and interesting.
I am hoping one day to be a Mimi to Ian & Suzie's children.
They will be different from yours and from one another.
Bring on those sweet chubby babies.
I will love everyone of them!
Post a Comment