Marta takes this very seriously. She demands things as a dog. She will yell at me "Dog is thirsty! Dog wants juice!" or "Dog is hungry! Bring Dog more pretzels!" all while lounging and watching BabyTV. I can be anywhere in the house when she yells these things. I could be upstairs making a phone call. I will sooner or later hear that Dog wants pretzels.
But had the spirits of deceased pets entered into my daughter's body? Or is something more sinister at work? One day when I went to pick Marta up from school I saw that she and the other girls, Anna, Margaret, and Eva-Liisa, were all rolling around on the floor acting like dogs.
I began to wonder if Marta had passed on the dog act to them, or if one of them had given the dog mentality to Marta. No matter, they were all acting crazy, which I guess is comforting in its own way. But Marta is still acting like a dog. Maybe they've already passed through that phase.
Last night I told Dog that I was sad and I wanted my Marta back. I did this about three or four times until Dog decided to hug me and tell me that she was Marta again.
No comments:
Post a Comment